Thursday, May 8, 2008

tying to figure it all out

Okay... I haven't blogged until now so I'm gonna run this up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it. I have alot of crap to say about all kinds of things so I figured this was as good a place as any to say it.
I read an article about a woman who was blogging to help her recover from the death of her husband so I figure I can blog about recovering from the death of my checking account. See I have this daughter and she and the boyfriend are going to the Prom Saturday night. They are both juniors so this is their first time playing dress up. As a matter of fact I'm not sure the boy has ever even been in a suit. Now I may be biased but I'm quite confident my baby will be the prettiest one there. She better be after the $384 for a dress and $50 for "cheap" jewelry and $29 for shoes (and I got a great deal on those) and $50 for makeup to match (in all fairness, my best friend is a Mary Kay consultant and I got carried away cause I have a running tab) and $40 to get the nails done and $60 for an updo and $109.23 for half of the tux rental cause the boy was fresh out of cash that day, and $54 for a corsage and boutineer cause the boy was fresh out of cash that day too, and $50 for pictures, with a background that will most definately clash with the flamingo pink dress that my child will be wearing, and an unspecified amount of money for dinner and gas the night of...cause I'm sure the boy will be fresh out of cash that night too......I'm broke and my eye is twitching.
I remember going to the prom when i was in high school. It was the 80's and best I can tell, other than the BIG hair not much has changed. Planning and preparing and spending your mom's money is probably much more fun than the event itself. Do you know how hard it is to dance in formal attire? I just hope nobody gets food on them beforehand. I'm sure I'll make 2000 pictures and I may even tear up a little but I will be so damn glad when Saturday comes and goes so I can start paying my bills again and maybe get a pedicure for myself...oh yeah add $30 for a pedicure to the list too.
Funny, this blogging thing doesn't seem to make me feel any better at all. I guess I'll try again another day. I need to go check my bank balance.

Peace

1 comment:

Nerdy Cyberchick said...

You blog on myspace and they are very good. Just do it here. I can't believe you didn't tell me you had a blog!