Fancy tagged me on one of these Meme things. Being new to this I've been trying to figure out some things.
1) Is it appropriate to tag just anyone or should you just tag people you follow??
2) Why "MEME"? Is that short for something? Did someone named MEME invent these?? ( I have an Aunt MeMe...maybe it was her)
Anyway, I've been tagged and I feel obligated since I am trying very hard to make people like me in this new world I find myself in.
Here are the rules that I lifted off of Fancy's blog:
Where would you have your 8 homes, if you were as insanely rich as the McCains?
List them. You don’t have to list your reasons, but if you do at least for a few of them, it would be more fun. And remember that the only rule is: the homes must be within the borders of the United States of America or else, within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains. When you’re done, tag 8 people, so that they may join in the self-indulgence, forgetting about the crappy property market and the equivalent of The End of Pompeii on Wall-Street. You could spend your time hammering your doors and windows shut in preparation for the apocalypse instead, but it would be much less fun.
1. Outer Banks NC. It is beautiful there, the people are wonderful, it hasn't gotten too touristy and it has a little restaurant called Hot Tuna where my oldest daughter and I ate while we were on vacation last summer. We had the best time. I'm not sure if it was the food, the atsmophere or the name that I remember so fondly. I'm thinking the it's the name.
2. Manhattan, NY. Anything with an elevator, a doorman and a view of the park. Nothing too fancy, just need a comfortable place to stay when I go there to see a musical, do some shopping or take the Sex and the City tour.
3. Key West, FL. I'm a drunk and I need to live in a town where I can crawl from bar to bar with everyone else.
4. Somewhere on top of a Mountain in either Colorado or possibly Utah. I have never been snow skiing but I would love to be in a snowy mountain area where I could ski if I wanted to. Of course I'd have to check on the local ER's before I made my final decision on where I would have a house...on account of I'd DEFINATELY fall and break something...probably more than once. I'm not that graceful.
5. San Francisco, CA. I love San Francisco. My first visit there was at age 16 and I fell in love. Plus I love the gays and that is their Mecca.
6. Whidby Island, WA. It's just north of Seattle and it is arguably one of the most beautiful places on earth. I have family there and am always looking for a reason to go visit.
7. Nashville, TN. Because this is home.
8. Now this last one could be one of several places. I would pick any of these places because the names of these towns are just fun to say:
or my very favorite, Beaver Lick, KY
on to MEME #2
Share 6/7 random/weird things about yourself.
Tag 6/7 other bloggers, link to them, put a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged
1) I only like Fountain Diet Coke. I'll drink bottled or canned drinks in a cup with ice if I have to but if given the choice, I really only want a Fountian Diet...with lots of ice.
2) I am so terrified of Snakes, I even FREAK OUT when I see a picture of one...Thanks Fancy for damn near giving me a heart attack this morning.
3) One of my favorite things to eat is cottage cheese with Miracle Whip mixed in for a little flavor and scooping it with Frito's like a dip. Don't hate...it's good. Try it.
4) I am on husband number 3. We've been married for 4 years and that is 2 years longer than my longest marriage so far. I've not been the best judge of character in the past.
5) My head is full of Usless knowledge. I'm the one you want on your team when you play Trivial Pursuit.
6) 6 years ago I broke up with a guy who I'd been living with for about a year and a half. He took my favorite canisters and I'm still in the market for a witch doctor to put a voo doo curse on him for it.
7) I have NO IDEA how to put a link on here...someone please help me :)